The moles of Cindy Crawford and Angelina Jolie to Marilyn Monroe through Eva Mendes or Nathalie Portman have always represented the height of glamour. This explains why so many women no longer hesitate to get a semi-permanent mole tattooed on their faces. But before you make an appointment at your nearest salon, here's what you need to know about this semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo.
What is a semi-permanent beauty mark?
It is a form of semi-permanent makeup applied to the face, neckline, or back by injecting pigment into the skin. It has the same appearance as a natural mole due to a concentration of melanin in the skin. When applied correctly, they can enhance your facial features to give you a glamorous look.
Compared to a permanent tattoo, the mole here is only semi-permanent. It, therefore, requires touch-ups if you don't want it to fade after a few years. In addition, traditional tattoos use ink; permanent makeup uses pigments to give a more realistic look.
What are the benefits of a semi-permanent beauty mark
Wondering if it's a wise choice to get a semi-permanent beauty mark tattoo? Here are some of its benefits:
- It gives you a seductive and mysterious appearance
- It is waterproof and does not fade
- It instantly gives you a more feminine and glamorous look
- It highlights facial features such as eyes and lips
What you can expect from a typical session
Before the session, you should meet with your Artist to discuss the procedure and the steps you need to take beforehand. He or she will ask you about your habits, whether you have any skin problems or autoimmune diseases, and whether you are taking any medications.
This will determine if a semi-permanent mole is right for you. He or she will explain what you should avoid before the service, such as taking blood thinners, excessive sun exposure, caffeine, and alcohol. As the procedure may last one hour, it is preferable to wear loose-fitting clothing.
On the day of your appointment, here's what you can expect:
- You must fill out a form with your personal and medical information.
- Your Artist will then use a pencil to draw a beauty mark on the desired area to show you what it looks like.
- Then, he will mix some pigments to create a natural shade that will resemble the existing moles on your body.
- He will apply a soothing cream to the area and leave it on for fifteen minutes.
- Using a sterilized needle, he will inject the pigment into the top layer of the skin in tiny dots to achieve a natural look.
- After a healing period of 6 to 8 weeks, you can go to your permanent makeup artist for a touch-up.
The healing process of semi-permanent beauty mark
Your semi-permanent mole will last a few years, so you can expect to spend a few weeks healing. Here's how:
- Shortly after the procedure, your mole will look very dark, but the intensity of the color will decrease by 30% within a week.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, strenuous exercise, and tight clothing if your mole is on the back or shoulder for the first few weeks.
- A crust will form on your mole at the end of the first week. You must let it dry and come off by itself.
- If it itches, use an ointment prescribed by your Artist. Be careful not to scratch the scab, as this will make your mole look uneven.
- Once the crust falls off, the color may appear faded, but it will return after a while. Your skin may scab and peel again, but this is natural and will heal faster the second time.
How to choose your salon
You have to go to the right place to be sure of the result. Here are a few things to look out for when choosing your salon.
- Ask about the Artist's experience. If he has years of experience, this guarantees satisfactory and high-quality results.
- Assess the salon's sanitation standards by scheduling a visit before your appointment. Make sure they use sterilized and disinfected equipment for each client.
- Check out their social media accounts to find before-and-after mole photos showing you the results you can expect.
- Read reviews of beauty brands online to see if the salon offers satisfactory services. Check it out on Instagram à TikTok through Facebook and YouTube avoid this salon if there are negative reviews, unprofessional services or lack of hygiene.
FAQ Fake Beauty Mark
Depending on your skin type, sun exposure, and other lifestyle factors, permanent moles can last up to three years.
The price of a permanent mole is usually between $ 50 and $150, but this depends on the number of moles, the salon location, and the experience of the artist.
Since your Artist will apply a soothing cream before the procedure, you will only feel a slight pinching sensation that will not be too painful.
As long as your Artist is skilled and uses sterilized equipment, obtaining a permanent mole is a safe procedure.
Your artist will blend pigments to create a color that complements your skin tone, giving your mole a natural look.
Semi-permanent beauty marks are an effective way to enhance your features and give you a glamorous look. The technique is safe and guarantees natural-looking results indistinguishable from the real. If you go to a competent Artist, he or she will ensure that your mole is positioned correctly to give you a flawless result. To learn more about this technique, join the discussion on our forum dedicated to semi-permanent beauty spots.