In pop culture, freckles are often associated with youth, ingenuity, and vitality. However, these spots are either natural or due to sun exposure and are therefore not the lot of everyone. This is why many women opt for semi-permanent makeup and fake freckles.
What are semi-permanent freckles?
Semi-permanent freckles are a makeup tattoo trend for women who want to achieve a sun-kissed look right out of bed. This is a technique that consists of inserting a color pigment into the skin to mimic the appearance of freckles while looking natural. Women prefer this technique because they can avoid long exposure to the sun to get freckles and the risks to the skin that come with it.
Your Permanent Makeup Artist will create the freckle pattern using a sterilized needle to inject the pigment into the skin. Depending on where you want to have freckles, your Artist injects the ink on different areas of the nose, cheeks, neckline, or back. Freckles are usually of different colors to give a variegated and asymmetrical look, and Artists can insert pigments at different depths depending on the client’s skin tone.
Why you should try
If you’re wondering if fake freckles are the right choice for you, here are some benefits:
- You get a more youthful, ingenuous and sunny appearance
- You don’t have to be in the sun to get them.
- They give you an incredible natural look without makeup.
- They are water resistant and won’t fade in the shower or at the beach.
- You always feel like you’re back from vacation
- They last for years with regular touch-ups.
The most important benefit is that it allows you to achieve natural-looking freckles without compromising the health of your skin.
What to expect at the session
Before making an appointment, you should schedule a consultation with the Artist to discuss any health issues you may have and your lifestyle. This will allow him or her to assess whether your health problems or medications prevent you from having a safe freckle tattoo procedure.
Factors that may prevent you from having a procedure include being pregnant, breastfeeding, taking blood thinners, or having an autoimmune disease. But since these are just a few conditions, it is essential to look at the complete list to understand the potential for side effects.
Your Artist will advise you not to take blood thinners, alcohol, or caffeine before the procedure. Also, you should avoid sun exposure for one month before and after the procedure. After discussing the procedure and follow-up conditions, you will be asked to sign the documents.
During the first session, you should wear loose clothing. The session can take an hour, hour and a half. It is therefore important to plan your schedule before making an appointment. Before starting the procedure, your Artist will mix the pigment according to your skin tone and color. Then you can discuss how you want your freckles to be arranged in the desired amount.
Your artist will use a sterilized needle to inject the pigment into the skin. After the first session, he or she will recommend a cream that will help the healing process and will inform you about the procedure to follow during the first few weeks.
The skin will take about 3-4 weeks to heal after the first session. This is when you need to do a second session to add new freckles or darken the ones that have faded. After the second session, you will need to do touch-ups every year or so.
False Freckles Healing Process and Aftercare
Once you get your freckles, they need about 3-4 weeks to heal completely. Here is an overview of the process:
- Immediately after the session, your freckles will appear relatively dark, but the color will soften over time.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun for the first few weeks and avoid strenuous exercise or applying makeup during the first week
- One week after the session, you will see small scabs forming on the freckles. Be sure to let them dry and come off without touching them.
- As soon as the crust dries and falls off, the color may seem a bit washed out, but it comes back after a while. Your skin may experience a new round of scabbing in some areas, but this is natural.
Choosing the Right Permanent Makeup Artist
To achieve beautiful, natural-looking fake freckles, it is essential to use a professional Artist. Here’s how to choose one:
- Make sure it is experienced. When artists have years of experience under their belt, they know how to work with different skin tones and textures.
- Visit the permanent makeup salon to evaluate its hygiene standards. Ensure that equipment is sterilized before and after each session.
- Visit their social media pages to see before-and-after photos of fake freckles to see what results you’ll get. Check it out on Instagram à TikTok through Facebook and YouTube
- Check out the permanent freckle reviews on the salon’s website and on Google to see if they offer good services.
Semi-permanent freckles last from 12 months to a few years, depending on the frequency of touch-ups.
Semi-permanent freckles usually cost between $150 and $250, but it depends on the number of freckles you get, where you get them, and the experience of your artist.
Your permanent makeup artist will formulate the pigments during a consultation to see if they align with your skin tone, giving a natural look.
Most people need touch-ups every year to maintain the appearance of their freckles.
Your permanent makeup artist will apply a soothing cream to the skin so that you will feel a pinching sensation when they apply the freckles.
If you’re wondering if fake freckles are for you, remember that they’re not just for people who naturally have freckles. In fact, they are safe for people of all skin tones and colors. Permanent makeup artists use a variety of pigments when creating freckles, giving a variegated look that complements the client’s natural skin tone. To learn more about this technique, join the discussion on our forum dedicated to Fake freckles semi-permanent.